Sunday, February 6, 2011

Here's a tag I made with pages from the same magazine I used to make the vintage flowers below. I put Tim Holtz alcohol inks on a piece of acetate and then brushed on a layer of transfer medium, placed the magazine on top of it to dry. When it's dry you can use a wet sponge to carefully remove the paper and then I glued it to a tag colored with Tim Holtz distress inks. (As you can see, we really love his products)! Angela hasn't seen it yet....I'm thinking she'll be proud. I should really do a step by step on how to make one of these with pictures of the products and the process used to make one. Maybe that post will be coming soon...

Making Vintage Flowers

I love these vintage flowers made with Tim Holtz die cuts and some pages from an old 1917 needlecraft magazine that Angela gave me. I used the McGill foam pad shown in the picture above to curn the edges after spraying each layer with glimmer mist. You could do the same thing with a foam mouse pad if you don't want to buy the McGill pad. The flowers are beautiful and easy to make. I also made a cool tag using the same vintage magazine and some alcohol inks. I'll make that my next post.