Wednesday, May 26, 2010

This is a beautiful day worth celebrating


Today, I went over to Deedee's house, and we got to creative brainstorming.  We couldn't leave it at that, and I asked her to show me how to use stamps, and new ways to use alcohol inks and distress inks.  It was great.  She showed me how to clean and care for my new Tim Holtz stamps... She uses an awesome cleaner by StazOn.  It has a wonderful scrubber built in which makes clean up easy.  I was introduced to resist inks... oh the ideas.  I made a collage, and Dee started two tags.  Here's a few pictures to give you a glimpse into our day.  My collage says, "This is a beautiful day worth celebrating".  I think that pretty much sums it up.  Deedee has some awesome ideas to finish her tags, so we'll post pictures of those when they're all done!  After dinner we headed out to Archivers.  Oh my goodness, that store is incredible.  I can't wait to go back one of these days without the girls.  Note to self, three year olds and scrapbook stores (yeah, not so much).  I had to exit the store three times for "time-outs" because the twins kept screaming.  Yay for the stroller.  I saw some incredible ideas with embossing powders, and bought a brush pen, so I can use embossing powders on some of my paintings.  That's going to be an amazing new texture.  We stopped by Starbucks on the drive home, and now I'm just going to have to write down some of the ideas we came up with, so I can actually sleep tonight.  Fun fun.

0 comments:

Post a Comment