Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring is Here!!

Yeah! It's officially spring today! I can't quite describe how happy this makes me! I love it when the flowers start blooming and the grass is green again! I even love the thunderstorms that roll through in the springtime. Here in Iowa the thunderstorms are a lot different than what I saw growing up in Maine. We didn't seem to get them very often and I don't remember ever seeing any severe storms. I still remember when I was a little girl how my mom used to love to sit out on the porch whenever there was a thunderstorm and watch the lightning. I was sort of afraid of the thunder but I knew I was safe there with my mother. Those are good memories. Maybe that's why I still like thunderstorms today, except for the severe ones that come with tornado warnings! I don't have a mom by my side anymore at those times but I know I have a father who is with me no matter what kind of storms come my way!

2 comments:

JulieK said...

I happened to come across your blog and LOVE your projects! Can't wait to see what you do next!

Deedee Garcia said...

Thank you Julie! I haven't been on my blog much in the past few weeks because I've been kind of busy but I'm ready to get back to it. I just checked out your blog and I love it! You have some amazing ideas! I'll be looking forward to following your blog too! Thanks! :-)

Post a Comment