Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Step by Step...Making Vintage Tags

I love making these vintage tags! Aren't they beautiful! I used pages from a 1917 needlecraft magazine that Angela gave me. Here are some supplies you will need (below).




The tags are made by transferring a photo onto a piece of acetate and then gluing the acetate onto a tag that I colored with Tim Holtz distress inks.




Here I am using a makeup sponge to color the tag.





Before I transfer the photo onto the acetate I drop some alcohol inks onto it. Use a brush to spread a layer of clear tar gel onto the acetate when the ink is dry.







I cut a piece of the paper to fit over my acetate and pressed it into the tar gel. I usually let it dry for about 30 minutes.







When it is dry use a wet sponge to carefully rub off the paper and the image will be left in the tar gel.






I love to "distress" everything with Tim Holtz "vintage photo" distress ink. First I do the edges of the tag and some in the middle.





I also put some distress ink on the acetate on the side that I rubbed off the paper from.






The last step is to glue the acetate to the tag with the clear tar gel.
















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is cool!

Deedee Garcia said...

Thank you Kate! MWWWWAAA!

Post a Comment